In today’s digital age, having a mobile number linked to your bank account is essential to receive important notifications from your bank.
Having a number registered on a bank account is essential to get all important notifications from your bank.
If you’re reading this post, you’re looking for a way to change your mobile number on SBI.
There could have been various reasons for the change of your mobile number.
Whatever the reason might have been, changing your mobile number is not difficult.
You don’t need to go to your bank branch to change your mobile number.
In this post, I’m going to share a guide on SBI mobile number change online and offline.
How To Change Your SBI Mobile Number Online
The State Bank Of India allows its users to change their mobile numbers without visiting the bank.
You can change it online through net banking or you can also to any ATM to do the same.
How To Change SBI Mobile Number Online Through Net Banking
If are a net banking service, you can use many of their banking services without visiting a branch.
And changing your mobile number is one of that services.
Here are the steps:
- First of all, You need to visit the SBI Net Banking Portal and log in to your account.
- Click on your “Profile” and then Personal Details.
- Enter your profile password. Remember don’t enter your login password.
- Here you can see your details including your registered mobile number.
- Now click on the Change mobile number section.
- Enter the new mobile number that you want to register on your bank account. And click on the Submit button.
- Now click on Ok.
- Choose any verification method 1) By OTP on both the Mobile Number, 2) IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM.
- On the first verification, you need to access your old mobile number. And on the second one you need to visit a SBI ATM.
- I am showing the first one.
- Click on “By OTP on both the Mobile Number’.
- Now click on the “Proceed” button.
- Select the account and click on the “Proceed” button again.
- Now select your active ATM card and click on the “Confirm” button.
- Enter your card number details and click on “Proceed”.
- Now you will receive OTP and reference numbers on both old and new mobile numbers.
- You have to send SMS from both mobile numbers. Here is the SMS format ACTIVATE <8 digit OTP> Space <13 digit reference number>.
- Send the SMS to 567676 within 4 hrs.
- After sending it, you will receive a successful message.
Check also –
- What Is Customer ID In HDFC Bank
- SBI Mobile Number Registration Sms
- SBI Credit Card Tracking
- Apply For ATM Card Online SBI
SBI Mobile Number Change Without Old Number
Many people lost their SIM cards and want to change their mobile numbers.
You can do that also but in this case, you need to visit any SBI ATM.
Here are the steps.
- Follow the same steps till step 7 from the above section.
- Now choose “IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM”.
- Click on the “Proceed” button.
- Select your active ATM card.
- Now click on “Confirm”. And it will show the ATM card.
- Enter your card details and click on the “Proceed” button.
- You will get a successful message.
- And you will receive an SMS with “Reference No. for Change/Update mobile number and IRATA reference number”.
- Now go to any SBI ATM and insert your card.
- Select services and enter your ATM PIN.
- Now you need to select “Others”.
- Then select ‘Internet Banking Request Approval’.
- Now enter the 10-digit IRATA reference number that you received on your mobile.
- Your new mobile number will be registered successfully.
SBI Mobile Number Change Through SMS
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to change your mobile number through SMS.
How To Check The Status SBI Mobile Number Change
You can check the status of changing your mobile number.
- First of all, Visit SBI Net Banking and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Profile”.
- Now click on “Profile Details”.
- Then click on the “Change Mobile Number-Domestic only (Through OTP/ATM”.
- Now click on the “Status” option.
- It will show you the status option.
SBI Mobile Number Change Online Without Net Banking (Through ATM)
Not all SBI users have net banking enabled on their accounts. In this case, you might think that you need to visit a bank branch to change your mobile number. But you don’t need to visit any bank branch.
You can change your mobile number at any ATM.
- First, Go to your nearest SBI ATM.
- Insert your card and select the “Registration” option.
- Enter your ATM PIN.
- Now select “Mobile Number Registration”.
- Select the “Change Mobile Number”.
- Enter your old and confirm. And then enter your new number.
- Now you will receive OTP and reference numbers on both numbers.
- Send an SMS in this format “ACTIVATE <OTP> Space <REF NUMBER>” TO 567676 within 4 hours. You need to send the SMS from both new and old mobile numbers.
- Your new mobile number will be registered.
Can I change my mobile number in SBI ATM?
Yes, You can change your mobile number in SBI ATM.
How can I change my mobile number in my SBI account without OTP?
No, You can’t. You need to verify your number through OTP to change your number.
How can I change my mobile number in SBI without Internet banking?
You need to visit an ATM to change your number if you don’t have net banking.
I have shared a complete guide on how to change your SBI mobile number online. I hope this post will help you to change your mobile number.
By following the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide, you can ensure that your new mobile number is updated in the bank’s records. So you will receive important alerts, notifications, and OTPs seamlessly.